HSU heads outdoors for the first time ever, with 28 acts across 3 stages!
Held at the prestigious Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, KO Outdoor will be our biggest capacity and production EVER!!
Saturday 7th December 2019 - 3pm-10pm
Flemington Racecourse, 448 Epsom Rd, Flemington VIC 3031
Members Pre-Sale - Wednesday 28th August 12pm
General Public Sale - Thursday 29th August 12pm
ADARO / AGGRESSIVE ACT / ANGERFIST / ANIME / AUDIOFREQ / BRENNAN HEART / CODE BLACK / DARREN STYLES / E‑FORCE / GPF LIVE / GUNZ FOR HIRE / HEADHUNTERZ / HIXXY / ISAAC / MAD DOG / MALICE / PSYKO PUNKZ / RAN‑D / ROOLER / STONEBANK
ANDEREX / JTS / SUAE / LOSTY / TOZA / TECHNIKORE / WEAVER
Flemington Racecourse 448 Epsom Road, Flemington 3031
Doors open 14:00
Operating Hours 15:00 - 22:00
Large crowds & extremely heavy traffic is expected in and around Flemington on event day.
A high number of patrons are expected to be attending the event so itâ€™s essential to plan your trip in advance and work out how you are getting to and from the Knockout Outdoor event.
Driving is discouraged as there is limited patron parking available at the venue.
Patrons arriving via Ride share, Taxi tram, bus or on foot will face a 1.2km walk to the event entry point.
The best and most efficient way to get to and from the venue is via Train.
Due to the high number of patrons expected at the Knockout Outdoor event the station will be oper-ational and extra trains will be running for both ingress and egress event movements.
Getting to the festival: Trains will depart Flinders Street Station from Platform 8 & 9, stopping at Southern Cross Station and North Melbourne Station approximately every 10 minutes be-tween 13.45pm and 17.45pm
Leaving the festival: Trains will depart Flemington Racecourse Station stopping at North Melbourne Station, Southern Cross Station and Flinders Street Station approximately every 20 minutes between 8.00pm and 10.00pm and approximately every 8 minutes between 10.01pm and 11.30pm
Please note, low-floor trams do not run on Route 57 and it is therefore recommended passengers us-ing a mobility aid should make alternate plans to travel to the racecourse.
3 Additional tram services will operate to support the normal weekend timetable.
Buses can also be caught via Route 404 from Footscray or Moonee Ponds to Smithfield Road and then must make the shorter walk to the main gates on Epsom Road.
No additional bus services will operate. All services will run as per the normal weekend timetable.
For more information about getting to and from the venue, including timetables, fares, disruptions and maps please refer to PTV website for pricing and service schedules: www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey
Please refer to the PTV disruption page for live travel updates www.ptv.vic.gov.au/plan/disruptions/
- Myki is your ticket to travel on trains, tram and buses in Melbourne.
- You can purchase a physical Myki card or if you have an android phone a digital Myki called Mobile Myki for more information visit Mobile Myki
- Full Fare Myki cards for adults or international visitors aged 19 and older cost $6 AUD
- Concession Myki cards for tertiary students cost $3 AUD
- Myki cards can be purchased from 100â€™s of shops and all 7Elevens to find the nearest location, see buy you Myki
- Customers are advised to obtain a myki or ensure they are topped up prior to travelling. For more information, see top up your myki.
- Please check the Disruptions page for notification of any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
- To plan your route, please utilise the PTV Journey planner.
- Download the free PTV mobile apps for Android and iOS and access public transport infor-mation on the go.
- Customers requiring accessibility information and assistance, see Accessible transport.
- Customers needing further information or special assistance, please call 1800 800 007 prior to travelling.
The carpark will be operational between the hours of 12:00 â€“ 00:00 on event day. Patrons can then make the short walk via the Hills Gate into Flemington Racecourse and to the event site.
Please note Epsom Road will be closed at the conclusion of the event. The designated Pick Up zone is unsuitable to occupy the same location due to a proposed road closure of Epsom Road during this time. Patrons are advised obtain access to rideshare or taxi from nearby Racecourse or Ascot Vale Roads.
For details of all taxi networks servicing the Melbourne area, visit 13 CABS or Silver Top Taxis
Knockout Outdoor is an 18+ only event This event is SOLD OUT - there will be NO door sales
All patrons must have actual valid photo ID in the physical form of:
- Valid Australian Driverâ€™s license or learner permit
- Valid Passport or State/Territory proof of age cards
- Valid Keypass ID
Hardcopy tickets (i.e. physical tickets purchased through promoters) must be activated prior to entry (details are printed on the left of the ticket)
There are STRICTLY NO PASS OUTS (Exit and Re-entry) for this event.
Last entry to the event is 21:00
- Are clearly under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other stimulant.
- Illustrate behaviour that intends to disturb public peace or to provoke assault.
- Intentionally attempt to conceal prohibited items with the intent to bypass security screening.
- Are wearing gang related colours, Hi-vis clothing, or attempting to resemble any staff mem-ber; including unauthorized media vests, or uniforms that impersonate emergency service personnel.
- Are from unauthorized media outlets.
- Bags greater than A4 size 20X30cm
- Stuffed Toys and balloons
- Illicit or prescription drugs and associated paraphernalia
- Glowsticks & Laser pointers
- Portable seating of any kind
- Tables, tents or sun shelters
- Unsealed plastic water or beverage bottle (excluding empty plastic water bottles)
- Glass & aluminium containers
- Liquids and lotions
- Professional Audio /Visual Recording Devices (excluding mobile phones and go pros)
- Promotional materials- stickers & flyers
- Weapons or dangerous items including selfie sticks
- Flares & Fireworks
- Vapes & E cigarettes, Nasal Inhalers & Nitrous Oxide (N2O bulbs)
- Opened packs of cigarettes, tobacco pouches, chewing gum or tampons (unopened and sealed acceptable)
- Bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters or personalised motor vehicles.
- Animals (excluding authorised guide companion dogs)
Sunscreen lotion is available at all medical, Dancewize and merchandise outlets.
Additional items may be found prohibited at the discretion of Victoria Police or security guards.
- Bags which do not exceed 20 X 30cm (A4 paper size)
- Small Clutch bags which do not exceed 20 X 30cm (A4 paper size)
- Bum Bags or similar waist packs
Entry is at your own risk
A police PAD dog operation will be present at the event.
Patrons should respect police and be compliant with their requests but should also be aware of their rights.
It is going to be warm so stay hydrated and look after your mates.
First Aid / Medical
There will multiple first aid/medical posts throughout the venue.
Dancewize will be operating at the event and will have chill out & educational areas alongside each medical station, as well as staff roaming the event
By entering the event and using the Venue and Event Medical Services medical facilities, a patron con-sents to providing access to their medical information.
- Go/take them to a medical/first aid area
- Alert security, police, Dancewize, medical or event staff immediately
- Ensure the medicine is in its original container, with the pharmacy sticker and issued in the name of the ticketholder i.e. DONâ€™T peel the label off or carry someone elseâ€™s medication.
- Ensure the quantity carried is the minimal required for duration of the event.
- DONâ€™T bring non-essential tablets such as vitamin supplements or over the counter painkillers
- Be prepared to be challenged at the gate or in the Event but do not seek to conceal medica-tion
HSU will not be held liable for any hearing damage or loss. Earplugs are available for purchase at the merchandise outlet.
The Companion Card must be presented alongside the issued ticket to gain entry to the event.
Dedicated entry lanes will be available to those in possession of a Disability Card or Companion Card.
Guide Dogs are permitted on festival grounds to valid Disability Card or Companion Card holders.
The event grounds are wheelchair accessible, however please be aware that this is a large outdoor event that may require travelling on varied terrain, both turf and concrete. The ground may become soft and muddy if it rains. Please take extra precaution if this is the case. Matting and signage will be positioned where possible.
Knockout Outdoor is a multiple stage general admission commercial dance music festival, unlike a concert there is no reserved or dedicated seating.
Tickets to the event entitle patrons to standing room only in front of stages, there is however a dedi-cated accessible viewing platform at main stage.
There are no other dedicated viewing platforms in front of the other stages. Good quality audio is available throughout the site for all patrons.
If you have a serious immobility condition and require assistance you can contact the HSU office via their website https://www.hsuevents.com/contact to organise alternate arrangements.